Romantique Buying Tours 2022 now open!
FRENCH ANTIQUE TOURS 2022
Have you ever been overseas and found some special treasure that you would love to take home but you just cant fit it in your suitcase?
We have the perfect solution for you!
We are offering a unique experience, seven days of treasure hunting while staying at our house in the South West of France. We will send your items back to NZ in our container.
Our house is a 3 storey town house, close to the river Lot and all amenities.
You will be taken to Antique Markets and Brocantes, to fossick and purchase your own items.
Our tours are Boutique, which means we only take 4/5 people on the tour at a time. My husband Nic and I will be there to help you find and bargain for the items you desire! We will see plenty of the countryside and visit some beautiful towns in the area. Also we can take you to visit a castle ruin or visit a chateau for wine tasting. All-inclusive.
Our home is a very relaxed environment where people are treated like family. We all help with the setting of tables, lighting of candles, slicing of bread and enjoying a good meal and a glass or two of fine French wine together. We are happy for you to accompany us to the local market to see the array of products, choose a special treat, walk to the boulangerie and ask for a Baguette in French! You can even cook a meal if you desire!
There will also be time for relaxing and time to check out the local boutique shopping centre which is 3 minutes walking. We want you to experience the French way of life and how it is to live in a provincial town with French culture and customs. Mostly we want you to have a great time!
A certain amount of fitness is required as there is a lot of walking and all bedrooms are up several flights of stairs.
We provide packing materials for you to pack your own treasures.
The furniture and smalls are very affordable where we go.
You get to have memories as well as taking home beautiful items. We have limited the amount of furniture and smalls to be purchased to, 3cbm but smaller items can be packed into larger items to help with space and the cost of freight.
#Please note that freight and associated costs, ( gst and duty etc) are not included in the tour costs. We estimate approx. $750 per metre to our storage unit in Penrose, but as the freight is fluctuating so much these days we will get a better idea closer to the time of departure. It is the buyers responsibility to pick up from the depot in NZ or organise freight to their designated houses.
Outline of Antique Tour package
1. Pick up and drop off from Agen Train station, ( 20 minutes from house).
2. Accommodation for 7 nights at our home in a room of your choice, dependant on availability
3. Breakfast, all day tea and coffee, Pre dinner snacks and drinks. Dinner, Dinner Wine and Beer. Lunch ( not included) is usually on the run or a shared lunch in the garden.
4. Air conditioned coach to and from Markets and Brocantes
5. Admission and taken by van to a winery
6. Van hire for picking up goods
7. Storage unit for your purchases
8. All boxes, cellotape and packaging for small items. Large items will not need much packaging except for very fragile items or mirrors. # If a special wooden box has to be made for items there will be an xtra cost. #Please note that small items purchased are packed by the buyer. We will load into the container.
12 to 19th July ( 1 booked)
9 to 16th August, ( 2 booked)
6 to 13th September ( 3 booked)
If demand we will open another in September
There will be more info to be sent as the tour gets closer.
We would love to have you stay! Please email me for prices and bedroom choices or If you have any questions please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy and Nic.
My French life, Renovating in France(BLOG)
Subscribe to "The Good Life France" for everything French each month