1. Definitions The ‘Owner’ is Romantique , The ‘Hirer’ refers to the person, firm or corporation hiring the equipment from the Owner. The ‘Equipment’ means all the equipment and accessories supplied to the Hirer ‘Terms’ means these Terms & Conditions of Hire
2. General All hire goods remain the property of Romantique at all times. All goods are subject to stock availability. By making a booking and confirming a quote via deposit payment or remittance of funds the hirer acknowledges and agrees to the Owners Terms and Conditions.
3. Conditions of Hire All prices are inclusive of GST. Delivery and Pick up from your venue are an additional cost and is quoted at the time of the booking. Romantique has a minimum hire spend of $100.00 includes GST. This minimum spend does not include delivery costs. The hirer acknowledges responsibility for the equipment and is liable for any damage.
4. Period of Hire All our items are hired for a four day period unless otherwise stated on the booking form. Delivery and collection dates and times can be negotiated prior to the event. If an extension is required please notify us within 7 days, prior to pickup. Extensions aren’t guaranteed especially over the busy summer months January - March. Generally Pickups are Thursday evenings or Friday mornings and returns by Monday afternoons 5pm or Tuesday morning by 10am.
5. Deposit of Payments A quote is tentative and usually valid for 7 days from the date shown on the quote. The quotation will be considered confirmed upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total order. In paying the deposit, the client accepts and agrees to comply with all of Romantique Terms & Conditions. If a client needs to change the date of the event we will attempt to alter the date subject to availability. If the deposit has already been received, it will be transferred to the new date subject to availability. Full payment is due to Romantique 14 days prior to the event date. Payment must be made by cash or bank deposit. A holding guarantee deposit can be made by credit card. 6. Delivery/Collections Delivery and collection fees start from $50.00 in the Auckland area.
6. Cancellation If a booking is cancelled over 30 days, Romantique will offer a full refund of any monies paid. If a booking is cancelled within 14 days before the event date, Romantique will make a full refund of any monies paid minus the 50% initial deposit. Please inform us as soon as possible if you have to cancel. If the full balance has been paid and you wish to cancel, we will retain the initial 50% non-refundable deposit, and the remaining amount will be re-paid in full immediately.
7: Do we need to pay a bond Bond: A 50% bond of the total order is required, or a minimum of $100.00. This is refunded within 7 days once all items have been returned and checked for damages. If any damages have occurred during the hire period this will be deducted from the bond with the balance refunded.
Damages The Hirer is responsible for the Equipment from the time of delivery until collection by the Owner and shall pay for all Equipment damage or loss however caused during that period. The Hirer shall protect the equipment from the elements during the time of delivery, use, storage or waiting period before pick-up. The Hirer agrees to be invoiced for and to pay Romantique the cost to repair/restore material or equipment, if that material/equipment is found in a damaged condition post the event.